The History

Villa Crella, located in front of Villa Carlotta, is a magnificent building expanded in 1850.

THE HISTORY OF VILLA CRELLA

Villa Crella, located in front of Villa Carlotta, is a magnificent building expanded in 1850 by the Family Frizzoni, rich merchants from Bergamo.

The building was designed by the architect Rodolfo Vantini from Brescia, expert in the Lombard neoclassicism, follower of Piermarini.

The family Frizzoni in the same period built another villa on the promontory of Bellagio, designed by the same architect.

This Villa is nowadays the central part of the Grand Hotel Villa Serbelloni.

The expansion of the mid-nineteenth century of Villa Crella was carried out on a building built in 1622 which corresponds to the nowadys rear of the Villa.